Because of the fatty acids in cocoa butter, it is good for hydrating and nourishing the skin and improving elasticity. The fat in cocoa butter forms a protective barrier over skin to hold in moisture. One common use of cocoa butter is to smooth scars, wrinkles, and other marks on the skin. It is also known to heal rashes from conditions like eczema and dermatitis.
- Distilled water, contains no chemicals or metals, unlike tap water
- Cocoa Butter, great moisturizer
- Olive oil, makes a mild and moisturizing soap
- Coconut oil, known for its great cleaning properties
- Palm oil, helps stabilize lather and hardens the bar
- Sodium Hydroxide (Lye), essential to the soapmaking process. Lye and oils come together to make soap
- Castor oil, moisturizes skin and has anti-inflammatory and antifungal properties
Cocoa Butter Soap
Soaps are handcut so weight may slightly vary. The bigger soaps are approm. 5.8 oz, and the smaller soaps are approm. 3.8 oz.